Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cowboy Cookies


I thought I would share with you the recipe for my family's favorite cookies. These are always the cookies that are requested by my kids. It also seems appropriate since I live with a real cowboy!

Cowboy Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour (1/2 whole wheat if desired)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick oats
1/2 package chocolate chips
1/2 package white chips
1/2 cup coconut

Cream butter with sugars. Add eggs, beat until fluff. Add vanilla. Sift flour and baking soda together and add to cream mixture. Add oats, chocolate and white chips and coconut.
Bake at 350 degrees, 12-15 minutes. Best if slightly underdone.

0 comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations