Thursday, March 11, 2010

Counting the Cost!


Since this is the first month that we have actually set a grocery budget that we ARE going to stick to I have been very conscious of any money that we are spending on food. Last night I didn't feel like cooking so decided to order pizza. We got two mediums with 3 items. Total was $18.01. That's almost 10% of my monthly grocery budget for 1 meal and a lunch the next day with leftovers. While we don't eat out very much, when putting it in perspective like this, it really makes you think about things. I also am a huge fan of having at least 1 20oz diet coke at work each day. I usually get it out of a vending machine and it costs me $1.50/day. If I were to do this 5 days a week for a year it would cost me $390.00. This week coke products are on sale at Family Fare for 4/$11.00 which is $2.75/each for 6 20 oz diet cokes. By buying my diet coke from the store and taking it to work with me I will be saving $271.75. My mind is whirling with such a minor change. That adds up to almost 2 plane tickets to go see my grandson each year just by planning ahead and counting the cost.

0 comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations